Sunday, February 12, 2012

So What's In a Valentine???

When I think of Valentines Day I think of a 24 hour period when I look forward to being treated really special. Silly? Perhaps, but in America thousands of men and women share this feeling. This might lead us to ask from where did this annual public display of love and sexiness come? Are we not lovable all year round???  Are we more special on February 14th than on February 15th??? There seems to be something contradictory here. I would tend to believe that I am either loved …or I am not.

According to Hallmark Cards, Inc nearly 141 million cards are exchanged on this holiday, and candy projections are looking at 2l.5 billion in sales. This, of course does not count all the gifts and telephone calls that are made by day's end.

There are basically two camps on the subject of Valentines Day. On one side there are those who are mesmerized by the hearts, the candy, love notes, flowers and particularly red roses. Then, there are those who say it is just another marketing strategy to make big bucks. The question is what do you think. Would you miss the flowers and the candy or does it really matter since perhaps you feel loved every day of the year.
Whatever you think, It would be nice if the sentiment of being someone's valentine … their very special person … could manifest every day of the year. I like it and I look forward to my Valentine every single day. Sometime by treating myself to sexy lingerie by RoundAbout Beauty .




No comments:

Post a Comment